Take the prospective employees you are trying to place and put them in
a room with only a table and two chairs. Leave them alone for two
hours, without any instruction. At the end of that time, go back and
see what they are doing.
- If they have taken the table apart,
put them in Engineering.
- If they are counting the butts in the ashtray,
assign them to Finance.
- If they are waving their arms and talking out loud,
send them to Consulting.
- If they are talking to the chairs,
Personnel is a good spot for them.
- If they are wearing green sunglasses and need a haircut,
Computer Information Systems is their niche.
- If the room has a sweaty odor,
perhaps they're destined for the Help Desk.
- If they mention what a good price we got for the table and chairs,
put them into Purchasing.
- If they mention that hardwood furniture DOES NOT come from rainforests,
Public Relations would suit them well.
- If they are sleeping,
they are Management material.
- If they are writing up the experience,
send them to the Technical Documents team.
- If they don't even look up when you enter the room,
assign them to Security.
- If they try to tell you it's not as bad as it looks,
send them to Marketing.